Thursday 6 May 2010

Zombieland - Phil's Five Words for Films -

Zombieland Ah, the Zom-Com. I always look forward to a good mix of horror and comedy and wasn't let down here. Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson team up to travel across America after a mutated form of 'mad cow' disease has wiped out the population and turned nearly everyone in to flesh craving, fast footed zombies. Together with Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin, the four embark on a road trip to the safety of a west coast theme park. 'Zombie Kill of the Day' and Jesse's 'Rules for Survival' keep the chuckles coming and the gun-slinging, banjo-swinging, twinky craving Tallahassee ( Harrelson ) provides some great zombie dispatches. As the journey continues, it becomes more of a feel-good buddy movie that just happens to have loads of zombies in it. Warm, funny and charming with blood, guts and biting. More than anything though, it just looked like everyone enjoyed making the film and was pleased to be there and that really showed. Inventive and witty, pointless and good fun.


8 out of 10
Cert 15 (uk). 2009

4 comments:

  1. Love this movie! Wish there were more zombie comedies out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I was reading through your film blog (which I found through LAMB) and I like it very much. Nicely laid out and well-written. I bookmarked it. I just started my own film blog a few months ago and it is starting to look the way I want it to (but not there just yet). I am trying to gain more traffic to my site and link other movie bloggers like you to my own site.

    Please let me know if you would like to link our blogs to one another. I think it would be great!
    Keep up the good work!!!

    Peter Eramo
    Magic Lantern Film Blog
    http://www.petereramofilm.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers everyone, thanks for stopping by.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete