Sunday 2 March 2014

Oscar Shouts - Phil's Five Words for Films

Ok, so plenty of people have been asking me what I think will win or should win awards at this year's Oscar Ceremony. Here is a list of my thoughts.

Best Film - 12 Years a Slave
Best Director - Alfonso CuarĂ³n - Gravity
Best Actor - Matthew McConaughey - Dallas Buyer's Club
Best Actress - Cate Blanchett - Blue Jasmine
Best Supporting Actor - Jared Leto - Dallas Buyer's Club
Best Supporting Actress -Lupita Nyong’o - 12 Years a Slave
Best Animated Feature - Frozen
Best Original Screenplay - Blue Jasmine
Best Adapted Screenplay - The Wolf of Wall Street
Best Documentary Feature - The Act of Killing
Best Original Song - Let it Go - Frozen
Best Sound Editing - All is Lost
Best Sound Mixing - Lone Survivor
Best Production Design - American Hustle
Best Cinematography - Gravity
Best Makeup and Hairstyling - Dallas Buyer's Club
Best Costume Design - 12 Years a Slave
Best Film Editing - American Hustle
Best Visual Effects - Gravity

It looks like '12 Years a Slave', 'Dallas Buyer's Club' and 'Gravity' will have the most buzz around them. I also think that 'WOWS' and 'Captain Phillips' will be slightly overlooked. 'American Hustle' will not do as well as expected. I haven't commented on the Best Foreign Film category as I haven't seen any of them yet.  It is always a difficult job predicting where the Oscars will go and I have poor form in previous years but at least I've had a bash. I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers, Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment